Sunday, March 26, 2006

What is malware?

Malware (malicious software) is a collective term for software which is intentionally included or inserted into a system (computer or network) for a harmful purpose.

Types of malware include spyware, adware, viruses and Trojans (Trojan horses). There are many other types and sub-types which I haven't included here for the sake of simplicity and brevity.

Over time, I will explain each type in more detail, and what steps you can take to remove them if present and to keep them out in the future.

Other subjects I will be covering will include developing safer online habits, protecting your identity, methods of reducing SPAM, speeding up your computer, setting up Internet Explorer for greater security and many more.

As well, I will let you know of resources you can use and updates on general moves in the computer industry as far as Internet security is concerned.

As I stated in my previous post, the main aim of my blog is to educate the average computer user to achieving and maintaining a trouble-free and enjoyable computing experience.

Yours in online safety,

Spyware-Bob

No comments: